Sunday, August 24, 2008

Summer 08

Well now that our summer is about to an end. I will be going back to work soon. So no more sitting at home doing nothing. I am way excited about going back to work with the kids at school.
Our Summer has been full of family fun and personal enlightenment. We also did a lot of boating! FUN,FUN,FUN!!!

We started our summer off with a camp out on Memorial day, with Roy's sister and her family. We call each other our camping buddies!

In June we got to go to Texas and see my family for a reunion.


We had a blast. I got to hang out with some cousins and do the family thing it was great.








At the end of June I went to girl's camp. That was an adventure. But I loved every minute of it. I love working with the girl's in my ward. They are by far the best example to me they make me so proud.

July was full of another reunion, derby's, movies, and a rodeo.We went to the Rawlins Reunion we go every year and love it. We get to see family, hang out and visit. Roy went fishing with his cousins and he really enjoyed it.
We love the derby season and hate to see it go every year, but I know that when it is leaving it is time to get ready for Football Wahoo!!! We love the movies in summer it gets you out of the heat and into the theater were it is cool and you get to see a great blockbuster. Rodeo was ok we go every year to That Famous Preston Night Rodeo. We went to the carnival this for the first time and I got Roy on one of those rides the Gravitron. It spins you so fast, it's great. I loved and not to sure of what Roy thought!

And then there was August, We had a family camp out that was great I really enjoy spending time with Roy's family. They are all so close and I love to be a part of that. We have however had kind of a rough August. We decided to adopt my neice after about a 6 month long process of deciding whether or not to do it. We finally decided to go through with it and my sister came back and is totally against the idea. So basically we have decided to call off the adoption for now, and maybe forever. It was one of the hardest things I have had to do. I really love my neice with all my heart and only want what is best for her. Anyways we will keep you up to date on this process but right now it has been stopped.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Oh Evelyn...I didn't even know. I am so sorry you have been through that. What a hard thing...I'm sorry.

Please know that we care so much for you and Roy and want the very best for you. We think you are the neatest couple and deserve the best. You are the best example for me of being a fun person that kids are drawn to. They all love you.

You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Luv ya

Sheila said...

I havn't checked your blog is so long and when I did I was surprised... Good posting. Its fun to see what everybody is up to. Sounds like you had a really busy and fun fun summer.

We need to party hard at your house. Love ya. Sheila